Chinese Government Scholarships Notice for 2022/2023
In accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Educational Cooperation between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of the Independent State of Papua New Guinea, the Chinese Government has provide 25 full scholarships for Bachelors, Master’s and Doctoral Programs for eligible PNG candidates to study in China for the academic year 2022/2023.
Applicants for master’s programs or doctoral programs must be:
- Be PNG Citizen and in good health
- With a Bachelor Degree or higher
- Release letter from the employer if employed
Applicants for graduate/undergraduate program must be:
- PNG Citizen & in good health
- With a Grade 12 Higher School Certificate with good academic performance of 2.5 GPA or above.
Applicants are required to submit x2 Certified Photocopies of relevant application documents listed below:
- Printed On-line Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship after online application,
- Copy of Passport Home Page: Applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of his/her ordinary passport with validity later than March 1, 2023. If the validity of the current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application. For applicants who cannot apply for passports before submitting their applications due to objective reasons, with the permission of dispatching authorities, they may submit scanned copy of identity certificates or official documents containing the applicants’ “English name, Gender, Nationality, Date of Birth and other information,
- Higher School Certificates (Grade 10 & 12) with internal transcripts,
- Academic transcripts & Certificate (Undergraduate Degree with transcripts),
- Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates),
- Applicants for post graduate or doctoral programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors,
- A Character Reference Letter from a Parish Priest/Pastor/Church Elder (with valid contact number),
- Birth Certificate, NID card, Driver’s License
- Non-criminal record report (Police Clearance),
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than six months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English,
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
Full Application must be submitted in order of preference listed above.
Priority field of study:
The Priority areas of study include:
- Liberal Arts, and;
(Do not apply for a program not listed above)
Specific Instruction to Apply:
Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for Students at: http://www.campuschina.org. Register an account through [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and login with your account. The ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and the ‘Agency Number’ is: 5981.
For more information on universities and the programs, visit: http://www.campuschina.org/universities/index.html. You can also download the Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Instructions of the Chinese Scholarship Online Application Information System to guide you here.
Completed Online Application Forms must be downloaded and printed out in two copies(x2) including all required documents listed above be sent to:
Department of Higher Education, Research Science & Technology,
PO Box 5117,
Attention: Manager - Overseas Scholarship
The applications should reach the office no later than Monday, 25th January, 2022. All applicants must apply online and submit two hardcopies of application form. Failure to apply on-line will automatically disqualify your application. Faxed and emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
Please take note that:
- The Under-Graduate program is a FULL CHINESE LANGUAGE study program;
Do not apply for programs that are not specified under the priority areas;
If you do not receive any response from DHERST or the Chinese Embassy in PNG after the 20th of April, 2022 then please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
- Check your email frequently for updates, the university will contact you via email.
Dr. Francis Hualupmomi, Ph.D
Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology