Notice on the Chinese Government Scholarships for Papua New Guinea (PNG) students - 2021/2022
In accordance with the MOU on Educational Cooperation between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of the Independent State of Papua New Guinea. The Chinese Government will provide twenty five full scholarships for Bachelors and Master’s Degree Program for PNG Students to study in China for the academic year 2020/2021.
Qualification Requirement:Applicants for post graduate must be:
- Be PNG Citizen and in good health
- Be under the age of 35 with a Bachelor Degree or higher
- Work experience (3-5 years)
- Papua New Guinea (PNG) Citizen & in good health
- Be under the age of 25 with a Grade Twelve (12) Higher School Certificate with good academic performance of 2.5 GPA or above.
Main Requirements:Applicants are required to submit x2 Certified Photocopies of relevant application documents listed below:
- Printed On-line Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship after online application
- Higher School Certificates (Grade 10 & 12 with internal transcripts)
- Academic transcripts & Certificate (Undergraduate Degree with transcripts)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed Study Plan; 1500 words for Undergraduate and 2500 plus for Masters
- Two (2) recommendation Letters from previous schools
- A Character Reference Letter from a Parish Priest/Pastor/Church Elder (with valid contact number)
- X4 passport size photos
- Birth Certificate, NID card
- Police Clearance Form
- Current/Valid contact information of Parent/Guardian (separate sheet)
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English
- Passport Bio-data Page (would be an advantage)
Priority field of study:
The Priority areas of study include; sciences, technology, agriculture, medicine, economics, management, education, history, liberal arts and philosophy.
Specific Instruction to Apply:
For more information regarding the scholarships, requirements and instructions to apply online, visit; http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina.
To apply online visit the following links: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org Click ‘Scholarship Application Online for International Students’. The ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and the ‘Agency Number’ is: 5981.
You can also download Instructions of the Chinese Scholarship Online Application Information System here.
Completed Online Application Forms must be downloaded and printed out in two copies(x2) including all required documents listed above be sent to:
Department of Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology, PO Box 5117, BOROKO, NCD. Attention: Manager - Overseas Scholarship
The applications should reach the office no later than Monday, 25th January, 2021. All applicants must apply online and submit two hardcopies of application form. Failure to apply on-line will automatically disqualify your application. Faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please take note that: