CHINA – PACIFIC ISLANDS FORUM SCHOLARSHIP 2019/2020
CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP - PIF PROGRAM
The Government of the Peoples Republic of China has offered twenty (20) scholarships to nationals of Pacific Island Forum Countries under the China - PIFS Scholarship Scheme for the year 2019-2020.
This scholarship is linked to the establishment of the Pacific Trade & Investment (PT&I) Office in Beijing. PIF Program is a fully funded scholarship established by MOE to encourage students from Pacific island countries to study and conduct research in China.
Copies of completed applications with all necessary supporting documents should be submitted to the Department of Higher, Education, Research, Science and Technology, before Tuesday 16 April, 2019.
Information regarding online applications is contained in the attachment to this circular " Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System ". Also attached is information on " 2019/2020 Chinese Government Scholarship Application ".
Note: 'Program Category' is Type A and the 'AGENCY NUMBER' is 00003
Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) China Scholarship 2019/2020
Chinese Government Scholarship - PIF Program
PIF Program is a full scholarship established by MOE to encourage students from Pacific island countries to study and conduct research in China.
I Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. Supporting Category
This program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory study), as specified in the Admission Letter.
Chinese language (preparatory Study)(year)
up to 1
up to 1
Up to 2
up to 1
up to 1
Up to 2
3. Instruction Language
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
II Scholarship Coverage
The Program provides full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS-Coverage and Standard for details of each item. This scholarship also covers a one-way air ticket (economy class) for new scholarship recipient to China upon their first registration and a one-way air ticket (economy class) back to their country from China upon their graduation
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a PIF member country, and be in good health
2. The requirements for applicants' degree and age are that applicants must:
be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
be a bachelor's degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master's programs;
be a master's degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
be a master's degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
IV Application Procedure
Step 1 - Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students ( Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click "Application Online" to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship , and print two copy.
Step 3 - Submit all your application documents to DHERST as the coordinating agency before the deadline.
Only applications of recommended candidates from PIF Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-Admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-Admission Letter should accept CSC's placement of university.
V Application Documents (in duplicate (2) copies)
Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
（written in Chinese or English）;
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy);
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);
This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for graduate students.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants for the graduate programs or the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters from previous schools signed by academics, professors or associate professors for Masters programs.
6. A CD of your own works (only required for arts students);
Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
7. Valid documents of your legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18);
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). (The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina orhttp://www.campuschina.org ). The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9. The copy of Pre-Admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available);
10. The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.10.
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
No application documents will be returned.
For further information, contact the following numbers: 3012006/3012039 or visit the website, www.dherst.gov.pg
Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
Step 3: Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted.
Your ‘Program Category’ is : Type A and ‘Agency Number’ is: 5981. Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
Step 6: Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application. The submitted documents will be the only reference for the applied universities to confirm the admission.
Step 7: You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
Step 8: You can download and print the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form.
Step 9: Send the paper application form and other supporting documents to the dispatching authorities if they requires you to do so.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application
In accordance with the MOU on Educational Cooperation between the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Government of the Independent State of Papua New Guinea. The Chinese Government will provide twenty two (22) full scholarships for Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) full scholarships for Master’s degree for PNG Students to study in China for the academic year 2019/2020.
Applicants for post graduate must be:
- Be PNG Citizen and in good health
- Be under the age of 35 with a Bachelor Degree or higher
- Complete 3-5 years’ work experience
Applicants for graduate/undergraduate program must be:
- PNG Citizen & in good health
- Be under the age of 25 with a Grade Twelve (12) Higher School Certificate with good academic performance of 2.5 GPA or above.
Applicants are required to submit x2 Certified Photocopies of relevant application documents listed below:
- Printed On-line Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship after online application
- Higher School Certificates (Grade 10 & 12 with internal transcripts)
- Academic transcripts & Certificate (Undergraduate Degree with transcripts)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed Study Plan; 500 words for undergraduate and 800 plus for masters
- Two recommendation Letters from previous schools
- A Character Reference Letter from a Parish Priest/Pastor/Church Elder (with valid contact number)
- X4 passport size photos
- Birth Certificate, NID card
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Current/Valid contact information of Parent/Guardian (separate sheet)
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English
Priority field of study:
The Priority areas of study include; sciences, technology, agriculture, medicine, economics, management, education, history, liberal arts and philosophy.
Specific Instruction to Apply:
For more information regarding the scholarships, requirements and instructions to apply online, visit; http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina.
To apply online visit the following links: www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org Click ‘Scholarship Application Online for International Students’. The ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and the ‘Agency Number’ is: 5981. You can also visit DHERST website; www.dherst. gov.pg to download Instructions of the Chinese Scholarship Online Application Information System to guide you.
Completed Online Application Forms must be downloaded and printed out in two copies(x2) including all required documents listed above be sent to:
Department of Higher Education, Research Science & Technology,
Ground Floor, Aopi Centre,
P.O. Box 5117, BOROKO, NCD.
Attention: Manager - Overseas Scholarship
The applications should reach the office no later than Friday,8th of March, 2019. All applicants must apply online and submit two hardcopies of application form. Failure to apply on-line will automatically disqualify your application. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Please take note that:
- The Under-Graduate program is a FULL Chinese Language study program;
- The Foreigner Physical Examination Form will only be completed by the short-listed candidates only and;
- If you do not receive any response from DHERST or the Chinese Embassy in PNG after the 10th of April, 2019 then please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
This scholarship notice goes out to potential candidates who wish to undertake Post Graduate Masters and Ph.D English-taught Programs that the Taiwan ICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program is now open. There are 70 places to compete for with other applicants from the developing countries. The program provides full financial support for tuition and living expenses, as well as an economy class return air ticket.
Interested applicants should first browse the website below for more information in relation to: eligibility, regulations, application procedure, scholarship benefits, partner universities and other related information before applying online. https://www.icdf.org.tw/ct.asp?xItem=12505&CtNode=30316&mp=2
Applicants are required to:
- Complete the Taiwan ICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program ONLINE Application;
- Submit the documents listed below to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office TECO) in PNG before 15th of March, 2018.
- Required Documents;
- A certified copy of applicant’s passport or other related document showing proof of Nationality;
- A certified copy of applicant’s highest-level diploma or degree and academic transcripts;
- A copy of applicants English proficiency certificate;
- Two letters of reference.
Important Note: Applicants are also requested to submit the above specified documents to the partner universities to seek admissions. A copy of the application form should be downloaded and printed or the Admission letter should be attached with the above specified documents.