UNIVERSITIES AND RESEARCH INSTITUTES GOVERNANCE & MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
The Ministry and Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST) plans through this workshop to assist all participants to have a better understanding of what it means to be a University or Research Institute Council member, Vice-Chancellor, President or Director within the changing context of higher education and research in the world.
The three main objectives of the Governance and Management Development Workshop are to:
- develop appropriate practical and workable policies;
- share experiences and information to enhance the Governance, Leadership, and Management so Universities and Research Institutes can embrace and appreciate better the current digitalized environment, and;
- use available resources effectively to achieve organizational and national goals.
The Ministery and Department are organizing this Development Workshop at Hilton Hotel on October 4th - 5th, 2023.
This Governance and Management Development Workshop will help to address current issues in Universities and Research Institutes such as:
- Strategic thinking, Good Governance and Management.
- Increase access through Higher Education Delivery Modes: Online and blended distance education.
- Strengthening Research, Excellence and Ethics, Cooperation of Research Institutions and Universities.
- Digitalization of the whole Higher Education Sector in Papua New Guinea.
- Funding Universities and Research Institutes: Governance and Management Entrepreneurship, Trends and Innovations.
- Intergration of Sports into a curriculum.
- University-Community Engagement for Development.
This Development Workshop aims to improve the quality of Governance of PNG's Universities and Research Institutes, management, increase access, foster academic excellence and innovation, create University's pastoral, learning, and teaching environment for students to succeed as well as connect education peers and promote inclusion, discussion and drive for research and academic excellence.
Hon. Don Pomb Polye, CMG, BE (Civil) MBA, MIEPNG, MP
Minister for Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology & Sport